As our Accounting Manager you will manage and build our accounting team, as well as lead efforts to support our emergence as a public company. You will work closely with all levels of our organization and manage key external relationships. You will seek to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our accounting process and will lead investments in our team, systems and processes.
The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities are to effectively perform the daily operations of the accounting department, perform monthly close process, and ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data.
In addition to daily and monthly responsibilities, the Accounting Manager assists in setting and maintaining accounts payable and accounting policies, and execution and creation of new processes to support efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP and SOX regulations. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
- Streamline and manage monthly, quarterly and annual close activities by ensuring timely, accurate and complete financial records and reporting in accordance with US GAAP, legal requirements, and the Company’s corporate policies
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, reports, and financial statements
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support to the AP team, including ensuring proper GL coding and approving payment transactions in accordance with valid contractual arrangements
- Responsible for oversight of the Company’s fixed assets records in accordance to the Company’s fixed asset capitalization policy, review the monthly fixed asset depreciation schedules
- Manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, reliable, decision ready information to business partners.
- Ensure that accounting documentation is compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements
- Support and assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits or any ad hoc projects as directed by management
- Maintain the general ledger, including account and project coding system
- Develop, manage, and build a top tier team that proactively drives process automation and works with a collaborative mentality
- Maintain accounting system and infrastructure to scale with business growth
- Develop policies & procedures to ensure proper internal controls while maximizing operational efficiency
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, or equivalent – CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements and experience managing external and internal audit activities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as analytical and interpersonal skills
- NetSuite experience preferred, and advanced Excel skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in managing tight deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Possess a strong work ethic and ability to be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Team-oriented, collaborative, flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs and timelines
Competitive Compensation and Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverages, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Flexible Spending Plan, and stock options, 15 vacation days per year and 11 paid holidays per year, which includes 1 floating holiday.
Tricida is located in South San Francisco, CA.
To apply for this position, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Job Code SP002